One of the core business competences is the ability to negotiate effective agreements. Individuals and teams that negotiate with customers and contractors can contribute to the development of better external commercial relationships. The teams involved in purchasing and contract management in particular can generate competitive advantages for their company. However, they need to be aware of the strategies and tactics others may attempt to use that could lead to less favourable outcomes. This engaging and immersive training course will help participants get to grips with all the key issues concerned with contract creation and negotiation within a customer-supplier relationship. The training course will make extensive use of role-play and other participative techniques, so that delegates get the chance to practice the tips and avoid the traps.
Participants on Anderson’s Negotiating and Contracting in Procurement and Supply training course will develop the following competencies:
- Understand the legal issues that relate to formation of contracts
- Understand the principles and alternative strategies for the negotiation of commercial agreements
- Understand how to prepare for negotiations with contractors and suppliers
- Understand the key negotiation issues around costs and prices
- Understand how commercial negotiations may be undertaken