Online Training Course Overview
The Budgeting and operational cost control training course provides a necessary focus for the management of financial performance. But it is effective budgeting and operational cost control that enables organisations to remain competitive through adopting best practice and using appropriate tools of planning and control to add value for customers and shareholders. Budget preparation, and analysis, management and control of costs are the essential activities to ensure that long-term strategies are met.
Each of these areas, which are covered during this training course, are essential for all those involved in the budgeting process and cost management, and all those having budget responsibility whether it is at the departmental, business unit, project, or organisational level.
This online Anderson course will feature:
- Practical management accounting applications
- The budget process and best practice
- Traditional and alternative methods of budgeting and cost control
- Purposes and benefits of cost analysis
- KPIs and the balanced scorecard
Online Training Course Objectives
By the end of this Anderson online training course, participants will be able to:
- Implement the budgeting process
- Identify the various types of cost behaviour
- Consider traditional and innovative approaches to budgeting and cost control
- Carry out cost analysis
- Use a balanced scorecard
This Anderson online training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals, greatly benefiting those with direct or indirect budget responsibilities within a team, department, division or at the corporate level. This training course is suitable for first appointment professionals on fast-track development programmes, and for all professionals from every business discipline and department who are involved in the budget process, and include those employed in:
- Financial planning, costing and control
- Departmental planning and management
- Cost centre, revenue centre, profit centre, investment centre management
- Manufacturing, production, engineering, human resources, marketing, and sales
- Project management
This Anderson online training course links theory with practice through presentations, discussion, team exercises and case studies. This is complemented with real-life illustrations and examples from the instructors’ wide industrial and commercial experience, all of which completes a mix of proven learning techniques to ensure an enjoyable and optimum learning experience.