Training Course Outline
Day One: The Context & Business Need for Quality People
- Introductions and course objectives
- The financial case for knowledge management – people focused
- Strategy needed and a focus on the long term
- Case study – group work and feedback DVD
- Is money the only motivator for high performing people?
- Good people are at different levels in the organisation – discussion and case study
Day Two: Processes that Need to be Improved
- Significant improvements in recruitment
- Techniques to attract high performers – group work
- Knowledge management in action
- How to upgrade Performance appraisal
- Are your processes supportive of your strategy?
Day Three: Differentiation – What it can do for your Organisation?
- The principle of differentiation – its benefits to the organisation
- Different performance levels in the organisation – the cost of poor performers
- Why do high performers leave –we know the answer
- The model of differentiation – how the organisation can significantly save money and be more efficient – group exercise
- Motivation – what works in 2015?
- Methods of finding key motivators – from questionnaires to briefings
Day Four: Planning for the Future – How to Identify Potential?
- Appraisal is not a good tool for finding potential –discussion
- Use of profiling – demonstration and discussion
- The new role of testing – new tools and new results – examples
- The need for assessment centres – demonstration
- Who is the best person to identify potential?
- Strategy needed for fast tracking
Day Five: Succession Planning & Talent Rotation
- New advances in succession planning
- Who needs a succession plan – case study
- Approaches you can adopt for your planning
- The role of Head Hunters
- Using our data – how to calculate how many people you need to be at maximum efficiency in any department – group exercise
- Course review