Why Choose this Training Course?
The World is changing at an alarming rate as we transition through the 4th Industrial Revolution - AI, virtual workplaces, global markets, Gen Y and Gen Z, business advances progressing faster every day. As a leader: “How can you lead and manage your people, as well as your organisation, in this ever-changing world? Can traditional Leadership models really work?”
These rapid changes have brought with it increased volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity or, as it’s now known in leadership terminology, as - VUCA. VUCA is now seen as the “new norm” of the modern world with “VUCA Leadership” defining the new way of leading in the 21st Century.
This Leading through VUCA training course will provide you with the confidence, skills, and techniques to fully understand the implications of VUCA on your people and your organisation. It will enable you to conduct and apply the powerful and inspiring techniques required to master this new way of leadership. This course is essential for those who wish to learn key behavioural principles in leading people in today’s rapidly changing VUCA world.
This Anderson training course will feature:
- The key components of active leadership, self-awareness and the power of emotional intelligence in leading through VUCA
- How to recognize volatility in the business and turn this to a positive vision?
- How to define uncertainty in your organisation, and turn this to understanding?
- How to understand complexity in the organisation and to turn this to clarity for your people?
- How to identify ambiguity in the business and adapt this to agility?
- The key principles and process to lead your people, teams and the organisation through VUCA
What are the Goals?
By attending this Anderson training course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the impact of VUCA on leading styles in today’s dynamic business
- Critically analyze the VUCA principle
- Apply powerful skills and techniques to lead through VUCA
- Increase self-awareness of your leadership ability in today’s changing world
- Apply techniques to lead, motivate and inspire individuals to their full-potential
- Demonstrate the best leadership principles
- Develop as an effective and efficient leader in the modern world
Who is this Training Course for?
This Anderson training course is suited to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Senior Managers
- Middle Managers
- Identified talent, high potentials and future leaders in the business
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This Anderson training course will use a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes highly practical examples and activities relating to the core competencies of VUCA Leadership; specific Leadership videos relating to the VUCA topics being discussed; as well as targeted, highly interactive exercises and practical VUCA templates to ensure learning is fully embedded during the course. In addition, there will be structured, facilitated discussions to help reinforce the concepts and techniques used.
The Course Content
Day One: VUCA – Leadership in the Modern World
- Defining VUCA in the Modern World: the “New Norm”
- Understanding Leadership
- Traditional Leadership styles vs. VUCA Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence and the Self-aware VUCA Leader
- Leading through Change: Key Principles Needed for VUCA
- Managing Expectations: Gen Y and Gen Z
Day Two: VUCA – From Volatility to Vision
- Defining ‘Volatility’ in the VUCA Framework
- Impact of Volatility in the Team and Organisation
- Providing Effective Leadership in Time of Volatility
- Building Rapport and Developing Trust
- Turning Volatility to Vision
- Leading People to the Powerful Vision
Day Three: VUCA – From Uncertainty to Understanding
- Factors Effecting Uncertainty
- Understand Your Team and Organisation Dynamics
- Key Communication Principles to Gain Understanding
- Coaching and Mentoring to Combat and Control Uncertainty
- Leading Understanding in the Workplace
Day Four: VUCA – From Complexity to Clarity
- Why so complex?
- Check and Clarify: The Keys to Gain Clarity
- Using RACI to Define Roles and Responsibilities
- Creative Thinking to Gain Clarity
- Problem Solving and Decision-making Methods to Aid Clarity
- Communicating Clarity to Your People
Day Five: VUCA – From Ambiguity to Agility
- Defining Ambiguity vs. Agility in VUCA
- Using AGILE & Kaizen to Lead and Manage
- Developing an Agile Team: Empowerment
- Building Organisation Agility: The Agile Leader
- Next Steps