Online Training Course Overview
This year, more than ever, we face increasing Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity in our economic and business environment. The pressure to make effective decisions is greater than ever, and the stakes are high. When professionals are promoted to leadership positions, there is an expectation that brilliance in technical disciplines will translate to leadership excellence and strategic outlook overnight. It is however not true. With the world becoming more volatile and uncertain, different skills and knowledge are required to make decisions, lead and inspire people.
This Anderson online course is structured to build on your skills and knowledge; expand them and develop strong leadership and strategic thinking capabilities. With a balanced mix between strategic analysis, leadership and management, this program will help you expand your mindset and acquire specific practical strategic thinking and leadership skills. This hands-on course is designed to balance theoretical and practical considerations from organisational behaviour, strategic management, behavioural economics and social psychology with specific emphasis on their application in complex and uncertain situations.
Online Training Course Objectives
By the end of this Anderson online training course, you will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strategic thinking and leadership in a VUCA world
- Stakeholder management and influence
- Setting direction and formulating goals in uncertainty
- Understanding external trends and internal capabilities
- Identifying and evaluating strategic alternatives in complex and ambiguous environment
- Leading people through strategy implementation
This Anderson online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit professionals and managers who are interested in enhancing their strategic thinking capabilities and strive to become truly influential leaders. This program will equally appeal to employees in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
Online Training Course Outline
Amongst a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritised:
- What is strategy and strategic thinking in a VUCA world?
- Setting objectives in uncertainty
- Customer and stakeholder analysis, value proposition
- Understanding the challenges and opportunities facing the business
- Identifying and evaluating resources and capabilities
- Key result areas
- Formulating and considering alternative solutions
- Scenario analysis
- Rational choice, decisions under certainty, risk and uncertainty
- A holistic approach to strategy implementation