Why Choose this Training Course?
Paid employment gives people not only an income but also affords them opportunities to contribute to society as a whole, their employer’s business and their individual development. The workplace should not be a setting where people are subjected to threats of or actual violence, harassment or bullying. This behaviour is unacceptable but unfortunately too many people are exposed to these risks as part of their work. Whilst the incidence varies from one workplace and one sector to another, it is a problem across the world.
The violence at work course is suitable for managers and HR professionals who are asked to deal with violence and aggression in the workplace. All managers need to be aware of the dangers that can result from aggression and to be able to protect their team and themselves. Throughout this Understanding Workplace Conflict and Aggression
training course, delegates will be introduced to the psychology of aggression and conflict and why conflict situations arise. Delegates will learn who is at most risk, and the possible warning signs to look out for. The course will finish by exploring the ways to prevent and control aggression, conflict and violence in the workplace.
At the end of this training course delegates will feel more confident in how to handle aggression in the workplace and what procedures, practice and legislation is in place that will protect them in certain situations.
This training course will feature:
- The importance of understanding how personality influences behaviour
- The differences between aggressive, intimidating, manipulative and passive behaviour
- Cause of workplace conflict
- Managing risk
- Handling aggressive behaviour
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the psychology of aggression
- Understand the nature of conflict and how it can escalate
- Be aware of any legal implications including the Employer’s liability
- Dynamically identify early warning signs and assess and manage risks
- Use strategies to manage angry and aggressive employees
- Implement different approaches including mediation to managing high-risk situations
Who is this Training Course for?
This Anderson training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- HR Professionals
- Line Managers
- Supervisors and Team Leaders
- Senior Managers responsible for compliance, investigations and disciplinary issues
- Those responsible for hiring decisions
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This Anderson training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes but is not limited to group discussions, group and individual exercises, self-report questionnaires, selected videos and input from an experienced facilitator.