Why Choose this Training Course?
The main challenge of Donor-Funded Projects is to work towards social objectives while making sure finances and funds are managed effectively in accordance with the donor’s requirements. As such, the financial planning and management in Non-Government Organization (NGO) lies in achieving its overall goals and objectives namely: being accountable to the donors, securing future, eliminating fraud and theft, making productive decisions, enhancing credibility, and strengthening fundraising efforts.
This highly practical training is designed to promote accountability, credibility, and transparency of periodic donor - funded/ NGO projects with a great emphasis in improving delegates competency in Financial Accounting and Project Finance.
This training course will feature:
- Fundamentals of Donor Funded Projects
- Financial Statements Analysis
- Work Plan, budgets, and cash flow Statements
- Regulatory & Governance and Risk management requirements of Donor Funded Projects
- Costing factors of Donor Funded Projects
- Monitor and evaluate donor-funded projects
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Implement institutional and oversight arrangements for proper performance management and accountability
- Properly manage people, processes, and systems in line with the donor-funded programs
- Efficiently perform internal controls, including but not limited to finance, governance, and compliance requirements
- Mitigate operational fiduciary and financial risks
- Effectively and efficiently use the funding provided for the intended purposes
- Communicate periodic, accurate financial reports
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Board level members who wish to develop their understanding of Donor -funded projects
- Auditing Professionals working with NGO
- Corporate governance directors
- Internal auditors
- Corporate compliance officials
- Professionals seeking to develop their understanding of the NGO financial management
- Public sector finance and accounting personnel
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes interactive case studies from the real world/delegates’ company, discussion and evaluation of the latest international tools & techniques and doing role plays.