Why Choose this Training Course?
“There’s nothing so practical as a good theory,”
said Kurt Lewin, the founder of social psychology. However, when it comes to Leadership, the number of theories appears endless. Why is this the case?
The most common reasons range from different opinions about leadership, different descriptions about leadership and perhaps the most significant, the fact that leadership is constantly evolving. Leadership is not an exacting science; no two situations will be the same across a multitude of circumstances. It is very reason why it is essential that today’s leaders can draw upon the example and experience of those who have gone before them. The ability to cut & paste different theories or different pieces of theory helps to identify which approach might lead to better results and which pieces to leave out.
Many theories have common aspects that can be mixed and matched to suit changing leadership challenges. Leadership practitioners need always be aware that the content of one theory may well have been successful in one industry and at one time and with one type of leader: but the world has changed and so they need to find what is useful, test that approached, and adapt it to fit the needs of their professional circumstances.
Consequently, this 5-day training course Building my Leadership Philosophy provides an inclusive synopsis of the best and most commonly applied leadership theories. It builds on the precept that great leadership is the foundation of organisational success and sustainability. And with the help of these theories you can become a great leader.
This training course will feature:
- Ten Theories examined & explained
- Their history, background and application
- Identifying positive outcomes and results
- Recognizing potential consequences and impacts
- Case Studies, scenarios and exercises to establish understanding and confidence
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Apply practical and empowering techniques that will engage those you lead
- Appraise, contrast and understand the different leadership styles
- Develop their own leadership style and understand how that may impact on others
- Articulate the role leadership in one’s organisational sector
- Harness the power of vision and influence to impact efficiency
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is suitable to wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Existing leaders and managers seeking to rejuvenate their practice
- Management professional seeking leadership roles
- High potential and future leaders
- Leaders and managers implementing change programmes
- Technical professionals undertaking managerial/leadership positions
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a combination of presentations, group exercises, videos and class discussions in order to examine in an in-depth fashion all the elements of the course content. The emphasis will be on creating an in-depth appreciation and understanding of the theories of leadership. Activities, hands-on interactions, group participation, videos, and case studies are used to highlight concepts taught and allow participants to develop their own personal brand of leadership.