Why Choose this Training Course?
Risk management is often conducted poorly, but if applied coherently and rigorously, can contribute extensively to performance and competitiveness of operations, and the whole organisation. The framework of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
in business includes the methods and processes used by organizations to respond to uncertainty, manage risks and seize opportunities related to the achievement of their objectives. In so doing, organizations protect and create values for their internal external stakeholders, including owners, employees, customers, regulators, and society at large.
This training course is a practical introductory course in Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
and ISO 31000
, the global risk management standard. Among methods used are real life practices in how risks managed at work. Delegates will learn risk management tools and techniques which they can immediately apply at work.
This training course will feature:
- The need for dangers and best practices associated with Risk Management
- The role of Risk Management in contributing to performance and competitiveness
- The relationships between Risk Management and other functional areas
- The concepts, approaches, international standards, methods and techniques for the effective implementation of Enterprise-wide Risk Management
- Evaluating current provision & developing mechanisms to support application across the organisation
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the benefits of proactive Risk Management
- Construct an effective Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Plan
- Plan a response to risk and take action to mitigate it
- Implement an Enterprise-wide Risk Management Framework within your organisation
- Document, report and manage Enterprise Risk
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals who are involved in any aspect of Risk Management and who want to understand, implement and improve the most up to date Risk Management concepts, processes and ideas. For example:
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Manager, a supervisor, a project manager, or a team leader concerned with making decisions taking into account the risks involved
- Auditor, a safety practitioner, a risk practitioner or an insurance manager
- Personnel in the management or IT sensitive to the risks involved in decision making
- Practitioners who need refresher in the latest development of risk management practices
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes plenary sessions, group and individual exercises, use of case studies, reflection and discussion. Delegates will have the opportunity to discuss course content in the context of their own organisations, take stock of their businesses’ current position and evaluate and plan improvement.