Training Course Overview
Do you organise, manage or administer training and learning events?
In this interactive course, you will gain a strong foundation of the skills most critical to success in your role. By focusing on the assessment of training needs, the consulting skills required to partner with internal and external stakeholders, and evaluation of training outcomes, you will gain an understanding of the big-picture needs of any talent development function. This course goes beyond the logistics of training coordination and gives you the skills to become a true business partner within your organization.
Training Course Objectives
By attending this Anderson training course, delegates will be able to:
- Assess and improve your own competencies in the training coordinator position
- Increase the time and productivity of yourself and others by knowing how to prioritise and organise your events and activities
- Learn and share secrets of success from other coordinators, especially by using practical checklists to make the job easier
- Define the fundamental skills required of the training coordinator role
- Identify appropriate communication and partnering skills to be used with internal stakeholders and external training providers and companies
This Anderson training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Training coordinators or specialists within this department
- Course administrators
- Executive support staff
- Training and learning professionals
- Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of supporting a training or talent development department and the associated learning programs.
Training Course Outline
Amongst a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritised:
- Define your key roles and responsibilities and how to deliver excellence.
- Develop a ten-part performance improvement plan overview for your current operations
- How to build rapport with line managers and executives and define their needs and preferences
- How to develop and maintain training resources and coach and develop subject matter experts as trainers
- Proven methods on how to recruit subject matter experts as trainers review and criteria for buying external resources
- Checklists and best practice for training promotion, record keeping and follow-up
- How to market your training programs effectively, plus participant registration and confirmation systems
- Training plans and logistic arrangements; room layout, facilities, managing venues, using checklists and assessments
- How best to communicate expectations to hotels/meeting facilities and manage their performance
- Evaluating and reporting your training events and learning courses; identify basic evaluation strategies for learning outcomes