Why Choose this Training Course?
Most Internal Audit functions would say that their functions have adopted a risk-based approach, but very few have fully embedded this process and added measurable value.
By attending this training course, you will learn how to take your Audit approach to the next level by developing a strategic audit plan to clearly identify what to audit (and how often) and also deliver fully integrated risk-based audit assignments. In this way the level of assurance you provide can be significantly enhanced
This training course will feature:
- A world-renowned strategic audit planning tool to enable audit priorities to be set with confidence, and is simple to explain to senior management
- How to identify over-managed risks during the audit process
- Techniques to develop an integrated process whereby audit programmes can be linked directly with the risk registers
- How to ensure that your audit plan is fully coordinated with the other assurance providers in your business
- A step by step guide to completing a risk-based audit
- How to challenge management’s evaluation of the risks
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Deliver financially measurable value from the risk-based audit process
- Audit major areas of risk in your business with confidence
- Challenge the risk process (by ensuring that inherent, residual and target risk is identified for each event)
- Evaluate business risk appetite and ensure this is effectively managed
- Plan risk-based assignments efficiently and effectively
Who is this Training Course for?
Anyone that needs to fully understand the risk-based audit approach – or to take their existing approach to the next level
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Heads of Audit
- Audit managers
- Senior auditors and team leaders
- Auditors responsible for developing or implementing a risk-based approach
- Other assurance professionals such as those in Compliance and QA functions who are wanting to develop their Risk based approach
- Managers and Directors of business functions – to aid their knowledge of a risk-based audit approach
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This dynamic training course will utilise a variety of proven learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes various exercises and case studies to provide practical application of the tools and techniques. A series of valuable tools and templates will be provided in electronic format – to take away and use immediately.