Online Training Course Overview
Why do most new products fail?
The most common reason for failure, is that the product has been developed without giving sufficient consideration to the market, right from the start of the innovation process.
When a potential new product is first considered, innovators get carried away with the technical aspects of the product. They often overlook the fact that the product can only succeed if it succeeds commercially in the market.
Therefore, it is essential that everyone involved in new product innovation, regardless of their role, approaches innovation with a market mind-set. They need to challenge new product ideas from a market point of view, to select those that have market potential, and then present a credible Business Case to justify the investment. They also need to ensure that new products are supported properly in the market after they have been launched.
By attending this Anderson online training course, delegates will learn how to innovate from a market point of view, select the right products to invent, justify their selection with a Business Case and market them correctly. Delegates who adopt this approach will greatly increase their success rate.
Online Training Course Objectives
By the end of this Anderson online training course, you will be able to:
- Adopt a market mind-set for innovation
- Influence new product ideas and select products that can succeed commercially
- Ask the right questions in the product development process to improve decision-making
- Construct a credible ‘Business-Case’ for a new product and win support for it
- Create a practical ‘Go to Market Strategy’ for a new product
- Define the ‘New Product Marketing Plan’ and implement it
This Anderson online training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- New product innovation team members
- Research and development engineers who design new products
- Project managers and product managers who are responsible for new product success
- Product development directors and managers
- Marketing directors, managers and team members involved in marketing new products
- Senior managers who have to evaluate business cases for new products
- Entrepreneurs seeking funding for new products
- People who have to decide on whether or not to finance new product ideas
To enhance learning we utilize proven adult learning technology and methods that will result in maximum retention and application. This includes presentations, discussion, practical activities, videos, team practice exercises and case studies.