Why Choose this Training Course?
Never has the management environment been more challenging. Many observers now conclude that in these turbulent times the role of the manager is the most difficult and stressful within organisations. Their consequent mantra is that if management is tough: it must require a tough response? However, this suggestion is frequently misinterpreted and evidenced by “toxic management” and displays of over assertive controlling behaviours and micromanagement. Time and again research has proved such practices to have some immediate impact, but in the longer term deliver detrimental and corrosive relationships and poorer team performance. So just what is “tough management”? It is important that the term is clearly defined for those in management
Essentially, it is an approach seeking to engage, enlighten and enable the workforce to collaboratively respond to the ever-increasing demands of the business environment. It offers a perspective of management excellence achieved by recognising and acknowledging that all teams are comprised of different people, with different goals and motivations, different skills and personal traits. Within this diverse framework, tough management requires that each individual can precisely identify and prioritise pressing business needs. Essentially it is a pragmatic approach to work, built on inspired, management that aligns and encourages people development through collaborative practices that consistently target productivity, results, customer service. It therefor responds to the current and ever-increasing organisational pressure of “doing more with less”.
This training course will feature:
- Assessing management styles and their impact on people and organisational outcomes
- An evaluation of personal skills and the value each delegate affords to their business
- The importance of strategic goals to create alignment and focus on key activities
- Emotional Intelligent practice to build positive relationships, engagement and productivity
- Generating collaborative practice to harness collective wisdom and develop people
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Analyse, understand and apply tough management without being a tough guy!
- Use Emotional Intelligence techniques to productively invest your time in your people
- Apply a wide range of communication techniques that ensure clear, concise messaging
- Ensure their teams understand and contribute to the organisational business model
- Stimulate creative collaboration to address problem solving and decision-making issues.
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Managers who aspire to successfully lead in the post pandemic era
- Employees seeking career progression into management
- Technical professionals who seek to build the people skill of supervision
- Managers who seek to refresh, energise and rejuvenate their thinking and practice
- HR and L &D professionals requiring tools and techniques to apply in their organisation
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a carefully selected range of learning materials that will meet the diverse needs of the delegates; the key aim is to ensure maximum engagement throughout the programme. Formal input and discussion sessions are followed by powerful reflective activities to generate future action. Practical sessions afford opportunities to share common and unique concerns about current work-based issues. The process will be highly interactive, challenging and empowering, employing elements of behavioral psychology, emotional intelligence and Neuro-Linguistic Programming. All activities seek to create immediate and improved impact in management practice.