Training Course Overview
“Some corporations are extremely well managed; some nonprofit organizations are. It has nothing to do with the sector. It has to do with quality of management” Frances Hesselbein.
This Anderson training course is structured in a way to enable full assimilation of the processes and principles of Leadership, Governance, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), sustainability techniques, Audit and Compliance in one training program. It will describe Governance tools, its added value, what are the barriers and how to implement it practically and successfully in a Non-Profit organization. Meanwhile, it will explain Effective Leadership and Management mechanisms and explain how to adequately measure various risks for nonprofits. It reveals how successful leadership and governance facilitate full assessment, monitoring and reporting of all various governance risks.
This Anderson training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Middle Management, CEOs and COOs of non-profit organizations
- Strategic Planners and Business Analysts
- Board Members, CEO, MD, GM and the like
- Finance Professionals, Risk Managers and Internal control officer
- Risk Managers, Audit Managers, Finance Professionals and Management Professionals
Training Course Objectives
By attending this Anderson training course, delegates will be able to:
- Recognize the main characteristics of Nonprofit Organizations, Leadership & Governance and the Factors that Influence the Effectiveness of Boards and the Governance Process
- Have good knowledge of Governance; What is it about? Key Principles of Good Governance
- Know how to Embed Risk Management into the Corporate Governance culture?
- Differentiate between Risk Management, Compliance & Internal Audit governance functions
- Identify the risk of Poor Strategic Boards & Poor Strategic Thinking and Planning
- Understand risk management and its application and context within an organization
- Understand how risks are identified, evaluated, and managed in support of the strategic, business, operational and project strategies of the non-profit organization
- Understand new trends in Internal Audit and Compliance roles in modern organizations
- Enhance convergence of CG components to Improve alignment to your mission and vision
Training Course Outline
Amongst a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritised:
- Introduction to the Nonprofit Organizations, Leadership & Governance and the Factors that Influence the Effectiveness of Boards and the Governance Process
- Governance; What is it about?
- Key Principles of Good Governance
- Embedding Risk Management into the Corporate Governance Culture
- Risk Management, Compliance & Internal Audit Triangle that strengthen Governance
- Risk of Poor Strategic Boards
- Poor Strategic Thinking and Planning
- Understanding fundamentals of Risk Management
- Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA)
- Risk-based Audit and Risk-based Compliance