Training Course Overview
Do you notice that the number of demands of you and your teams seem to be increasing? That priorities seem to change on a monthly basis or sometime even more frequently? How do we get ahead of this volatile environment which sometimes feels almost chaotic in nature?
The answer is agility. The agile culture promotes subtle control by embracing change. Teams are given short consistent blocks of time to commit to achieving short-term goals while management consistently review and modify the long-term strategic direction. Through the use of clear roles and responsibilities, prioritized work backlogs and team self-organization, we can separate the “what” from the “how” and allow a team to grow while always working on the most important priorities. And as the structure becomes more embedded, the team is well setup to address ever-changing priorities – because in this modern world, we may need to consistently re-prioritize to ensure we remain significant and deliver what our customer needs.
This popular Anderson Training Course will support you to develop practices and techniques that promote effective customer responsiveness through teamwork based upon agile practices.
Training Course Objectives
By the end of this Anderson training course, you will be able to:
- Appreciate the values and principles that underpin the agile culture
- Appreciate the challenges that traditional approaches encounter when dealing with a rapidly changing environment
- Reflect on frameworks that support effective leadership
- Set up teams to effectively apply the dominant agile management approaches
- Understand how continuous improvement enables the teams to grow from their own situation and experiences
This Anderson training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Team leaders, supervisors, section heads and managers
- Professionals who have an interest in a management position
- Directors and senior decision-makers
- Line managers and Project managers
- Various specialist roles engaged in teamwork to deliver value
- Secretaries, clerks, administrative and support staff
- Anyone who works in teams that need to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
To enhance learning we utilize proven adult learning technology and methods that will result in maximum retention and application. This includes presentations, discussion, practical activities, team practice exercises and case studies.
Training Course Outline
Amongst a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritised:
- Understanding Project Management
- Leadership Skills and Competency Levels
- Agile Values and How Leadership is Vital to Embedding the Culture
- Agile Practices – Collective Responsibility of the Team
- Separation of Concerns: The “WHAT” (requirement priorities) Versus the “HOW” (activities)
- Using Past Performance to Establish a Predictable Production Rate
- Establishing a Culture of “Respect for People” and “Continuous Improvement”
- Using “Big Visible Charts” to Establish Clear Communication and Effective Collaboration
- The Scrum Agile Framework
- The Kanban Approach to Managing Priorities and Work