Online Training Course Overview
What skills do you really need to drive you forward in your management career? Managers across all functions in many kinds of organisations typically find that they need some financial know-how to cope with the responsibility placed on them as budget holders and key decision-makers. From monitoring and improving business performance to investing in capital projects - all require some degree of financial knowledge. These vital business finance skills are not difficult to learn and in the hands of an experienced manager, they can provide a formidable competitive advantage, both for their business and their own career development.
This expert-led Anderson one-day online training course will focus on providing you with a sound understanding of what these key business finance principles mean and the confidence to apply them in your own organisation.
Online Training Course Objectives
By the end of this online training course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand fundamental financial principles
- Understand financial statements and reports
- Participate in finance related discussions and meetings
- Take part in the organisation’s planning and budgeting process
- Help to build persuasive business cases for capital investment
This online training course is designed to benefit various team members from the public sector and not-for-profit organisations, as well as business enterprises. It will be of interest to those from a wide range of disciplines, in particular, the online course will greatly benefit:
- Budget holders across the organisation
- Functional supervisors and managers
- Purchasing and supply chain team members
- Planning team members
- HR team members
- Production supervisors and managers
This online training course will utilise a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, and retention of the information presented.
Online Training Course Outline
Amongst a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritised:
- What finance is really about?
- Public sector, not-for-profit and private sector accounting
- Basic finance concepts and rules
- Understanding and interpreting financial statements
- Recognising the limitations of financial reports
- Why cash is king and principles of cash flow management
- Improving operating surpluses and business profits
- Financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Making capital investment decisions