Training Course Overview
Organizational politics are characterized by the informal ways people try to exercise influence in organizations through the management of shared meaning. Hence, politics should be viewed as neither an inherently bad nor good phenomenon but rather one to be observed, analyzed, and understood. This powerful Anderson training course examines why workplace politics exist, and looks at political skill, which encompasses a skill set individuals use to understand the environment, choose the appropriate political behaviors, and act them out in ways that appear earnest. As a result of attending this course, participants will not only endure but are able to succeed in political environments.
Training Course Objectives
By the end of this Anderson training course, participants will be able to:
- Pragmatically master power and politics in organizational settings
- Develop an actionable career plan to manage interpersonal conflict and enhance the productivity of individuals and teams
- Practice "good" politics to enable them to further their personal and team's interests fairly and appropriately.
- Apply strategies to "win" at office politics without sinking to the lowest standards of behavior.
- Manage differences of personality and opinion to neutralize “bad” politics at work.
- Use political skills to manage chaos in the workplace, avoid valuable time wasting in organizations and focus on their job performance.
Although there are no formal education or background requirements, this course is designed for professionals with over 5 years of work experience. It is ideal for managers and professionals with existing political and conflict management skills across functional areas who regularly handle organizational conflict.
This Anderson training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Team leaders
- Management professionals
- Delegates of any sector of industry and/or business
To enhance learning we utilize proven adult learning technology and methods that will result in maximum retention and application. This includes presentations, discussion, practical activities, videos, team practice exercises and case studies.
Training Course Outline
Amongst a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritised:
- Individual’s Power and Politics
- The dynamics of individual power play
- Power and Politics in Complex Organizations
- Strategies to manage power plays & team dysfunctional factors
- Excelling at Power Plays and Politics with Emotional Intelligence
- Removing obstacles to innovative teamwork through Emotional Intelligence
- Personal Plan for Power Management
- Managing conflicts and enhancing decision making influence
- Developing a Power-based Strategy to Grow Your Career
- Career development strategies thru’ personal value proposition